Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
We currently have a great opportunity for a Junior Web Designer to join our unique and talented design team. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for designing and maintaining the promotional design assets across mothercare.com and elc.co.uk as well as assisting in concept creation for new marketing campaigns.
As part of this job role you should have fantastic attention to detail and really take pride in your work. You should also have a good understanding of HTML, CSS and the Adobe Creative Suite. Content management system experience would be useful, but by no means essential, as training will be given.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can quickly integrate into the team by being a good communicator and happy to take direction from team members and those from other departments.
We will only interview candidates with portfolios and examples of work.
- Create graphic content in line with briefs provided by the site merchandising team including site graphics, banner ads and promotional content.
- Be aware of the contribution to the wider customer experience and overall business objectives. Understand and incorporate recommendations for future projects.
- Ensure the websites comply with legal and regulatory guidelines, including web 'best practice'.
- Be aware of design, development and process guidelines that the Design Team is working to.
- Ensure all content created align with current brand guidelines
- Ensure all content created align with relevant campaign guidelines.
You will report to the Design Manager
You will be part of the Design Team that includes Senior Web Designers, Web Designers and Junior Designers. The Design Team is part of a large Marketing department where you would have key relationships with the merchandising team and marketing team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience of commercial web design
- Able to work within brand and design guidelines
- Highly organised, able to prioritise own work schedule and work to tight deadlines
- Team player, able to work with and support other team members
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and develop in the role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of responsive web design
- Experience of using or testing content management systems websites
- Design concepts for site changes and new projects
- Cross browser testing, device testing and optimisation
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?