Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
This role is responsible for supporting the Buyer in the the implementation of the global departmental strategy by contributing to the buying process
- Work directly with a Buyer or Senior Buyer and support them, as directed, in the development of product plans to meet the needs of the global customer
- Review trading data with team and be aware of department profit, sales and stock performance against plan
- Within a given financial framework maximise profitability and deliver department strategy with support of a Buyer/Senior Buyer
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Mothercare Brand Values in order to contribute to commercial ranges that meet the needs of the customer and support the evolution of the Brand
- Work to coordinate the smooth running of the department with respect to Global Sign Off preparation, Franchise preparation and meetings
- Work collaboratively with Ecommerce to ensure sample availability to hit deadlines and accurate product information for customer.
- Work with sourcing and full-service suppliers to products and day to day queries
- Work with Visual Merchandise and Press to ensure they are fully briefed on new launches
- Supporting and training BA on all administration duties to ensure the department achieves accuracy and deadlines
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of our global customers, ensuring products meet the varying needs of these customers
- Continually monitor market and competitor activity through regular competitive shopping, reviewing customer insight information and identify any impact on the range
This role has the potential to provide a development opportunity for individual seeking to develop to a buyer role in the future.
- International (Merchandising & Operations)
- 3rd party suppliers/providers
Knowledge & Skills
- Previous Buying Experience within fashion retail
- Organisation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?