Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
- Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Reporting into the Audit and Investigation Manager / Business Protection Manager the Auditor will:
- Agree the annual audit programme with the Business Protection Manager based on the Audit and Risk Committee plan
- Manage the agreed Audit programme with all stakeholders across the omni-channel environment (i.e. Senior Leaders and 3rd parties etc)
- Attend meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes
- Travel to different sites (as required) to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Research and assess how well processes are working and recording the results
- Provide ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels regarding the identification of risk, opportunities and best practice control environments
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits
- Anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them
- Agree recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings and subsequently prepare reports to highlight audit findings and agreed management actions
- Assess how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing
- Manage a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications
- Monitor, investigate and conduct interviews where necessary for internal and external losses by exception and audit data, in order to identify cause, make necessary adjustments to the count data prior to processing on JDA and enable remedial action to be taken
- Detect, investigate and conduct interviews where necessary for internal and external theft, fraud and breeches of company policy in a professional manner and within legal and company guidelines.
- Attend and giving evidence in courts, industrial tribunals and disciplinary hearings as required.
- Risk and Assurance wider team
- Mothercare Senior Leadership team
- External advisors / 3rd parties
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong background in a related field, e.g., Audit, Finance,
- Ability to take decisions autonomously, subject to verification
- Skilled investigator of potential risk
- Capable of building credible long term relationships with global colleagues and Senior Business Management
- Ability to challenge and identify innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Cope with varying workloads and pressures and priorities
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
- Retail management experience
- Loss prevention experience
- Excellent computer, numeric and literacy skills
To assist the wider Risk and Assurance team in: • Managing an Audit Programme with a third party supplier, Retail Operations and Watford HO teams (IT, Finance, Property etc) • Preventing, detecting and investigating company losses, liaising with police, legal departments and outside security agencies as necessary • Maximising the business profitability through effective management of risk.
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?