Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
- Working alongside the design and buying teams, manage the technical development of product from concept to production stage for UK & European Managed Suppliers (Direct & Full Service)
- Ensure that product developments meet all technical standards and requirements (including an awareness of applicable requirements for our Global markets) prior to the buying sign off.
- Manage Risk Assessment process of products for manufacturing feasibility, foreseeable use, adherence to regulatory and testing standards and customer expectations from design stage for all products (Direct and Full Service suppliers)
- Manage the technical sealing approval process through sample evaluation and development
- Ensure that potential new suppliers are fully briefed on all Mothercare compliance requirements including factory scoping, capability auditing, technical and quality requirements prior to any agreement to supply.
- Ensure that current suppliers are fully briefed on all technical & quality requirements of the product during pre-production.
- Manage and ensure all technical files are up to date
- Management of Timber Policy and compliance for all wooden products
- Liaise with the Global Compliance team to support requests from our Global and Wholesale partners
- on factory visits and providing accurate product conformity documents including but not limited to composition analysis, test certificates and other regulatory documents.
- Support the compilation, accuracy and clarity of our Quality Manuals, policies & procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of product into stores is in line with the agreed product specification. Conduct spot quality checks on production in-store where necessary.
- When required conduct QC checks in the DC to ensure goods meet technical requirements.
- Manage queries and issues from customer services, trading standards, legal and stores regarding returns and customer complaints
- Analysis of customer returns data to identify root cause of product returns and follow up with appropriate actions to improve product quality and reduce returns and customer dissatisfaction
- Regularly visit warehouse to review physical customer returned samples to understand nature of complaints and propose any corrective actions
- Analysis and assessment of customer complaints received at Head Office
- Benchmark current and new product specifications against competition.Implement improvements through supply base
- Build knowledge of all relevant product standards for relevant global markets
- Build knowledge of new manufacturing processes, materials and furniture technology
- Develop standardised technical specifications based on best practice
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of far east or European production
- Experience in product development
- Knowledge of technical standards and testing
- Understanding of general product safety and product risk assessments
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with an ability to influence when required.
- Good analytical skills, relates easily/well to a diverse set of people.
- Attention to detail, proactive & uses initiative.
- Reliable, flexible & follows through.
- Work under pressure on a variety of tasks at once.
- Works effectively in technical and commercial teams
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
To manage the development of the market leading innovative and commercial product whilst delivering the legal, ethical, quality, environmental and safety strategies.
To assist with the development, implementation and successful delivery of the Technical Strategy both in the UK and from a global perspective
What’s in it for you?
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?