Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity for someone to join the design team, to be responsible for the ongoing creative development of the Supplier funded web sites (various brands) and associated micro-sites, external marketing material and content - ensuring a positive customer experience and enhancing the effectiveness of the sites and their contribution to key performance indicators.
Responsibilities will be
- Produce graphic and HTML content in line with briefs provided by the H&T team including page layouts & themes, site graphics, banner ads and promotional content.
- Design concepts for site changes and new projects (e.g. new season launches, brand campaigns, brand store).
- Work with the design team to analyse effectiveness of content and continually optimise future designs.
- Support the Graphic Design Manager & H&T trading team to effectively plan design resource in order to deliver designs on time
- Be aware of the contribution to the wider customer experience and overall business objectives. Understand and incorporate recommendations for future projects.
- Adhere to and help develop online brand guidelines, ensuring that content conforms with the brand guidelines at all times. Be proactive in contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the guidelines.
- Ensure the web sites comply with legal and regulatory guidelines, including web 'best practice' and Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) accessibility standards
- Be aware of design, development and process guidelines that the Design Team is working to
- demonstrable experience of commercial web design
- Awareness of customer experience techniques, cross browser compatibility and usability issues
- Practical knowledge of html and css.
- Able to work within brand and design guidelines
- Advanced user of image manipulation and web design software including Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise own work schedule and work to tight deadlines
- Team player - able to work with and support other team members
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and develop in the role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?