Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare have a new opportunity for a .Net Developer which is key to the success and aspirations for Mothercare in becoming a digitally led organisation, the role supports Mothercare in the development of business user web-based applications designed for cross-browser compatibility including mobile devices. The role requires a developer who places the customer, business experience and functionality first.
- Prepare test based applications for .Net applications
- Prepare and maintain code for .Net applications
- Proactively identify and resolve any defects in systems
- Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems.
- Administer and submit change requests and provide estimation of all risks.
- Develop documents for various policies and procedures for applications
- Design various application systems for .Net applications
- Work on Jira and Confluence
- Participate in status meetings for projects
- Prepare prototypes for business concepts in readiness for Design Authority review.
- Provide support and guidance to development teams
- Monitor all phases of projects and assist in developing specifications and architecture
- design for application systems
- Assist domain experts and analyse business requirements for clients
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide the necessary support
- C#, WPF & ASP.NET, Web API, Visual Studio / TFS 201
- SOA, Web Services, Rest API, JSON
- Multithreading, TPL, Async
- Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
- Cloud experience (Salesforce, AWS, Azure)
- Testing Methodologies (Unit, Integration, Regression)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to discuss and communicate complex technical requirements with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience of Agile and waterfall development programs
- Capable of developing high quality, fit for purpose and robust applications that ensure business users receive an excellent product that meets the requirement, is delivered on time and operates efficiently.
What We Offer: As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?