Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare have an opportunity for an Integration Architect to develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the Mothercare application landscape with an aim to reduce IT ownership & development costs (Opex & Capex) whilst increasing both IT and business agility. The architect works with the Head of Architecture to create the architectural vision for the business and set-up a governance framework for the delivery of said vision
The architect owns the models, policies, rules and standards. The architect is involved in project work from inception to delivery to:
- Understand the required business outcome
- Advise on the technology components necessary to deliver a solution
- In collaboration with the domain solution architects design a high level end-to-end solution which best delivers the business outcome within the bounds currently defined best practise and patterns. Where none exist, these are to be defined in line with the strategic roadmap
- Ensure the integrity of the vision is maintained through to solution delivery
- Has worked in client-facing software engineering / consultancy role for at least
- Solution delivery experience across multiple technology stacks for at least 3 years
- Integration experience of at least 5 years but 10 years preferred
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Extensive technical breadth through experience in the IT industry
- Full project-scope experience
- Subject matter expert level knowledge in one of the following technical domains
o IBM Integration Components
o Service Oriented Architecture
o Micro Services
o Cloud architecture
- Experienced in producing designs of complex systems, including
o Requirements discovery and analysis
o Formulation of solution context
o Identification of solution alternatives and their assessment
o Technology selection
o Design configuration
- Experience with working in distributed teams including onshore/offshore solution delivery teams
- Experience in both Waterfall and Iterative/Agile solution delivery methods
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?