Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare are excited to offer a new opportunity for a Front End Developer to join the Business Services team in our Head Office. This role is responsible for developing and delivering small to medium sized application projects, working with a team of in-house web product managers, software developers and external system integrators and solution providers.
This role will participate in the application development lifecycle including construction, peer reviews, documentation, testing and deployment.
- Implement dynamic, data driven eCommerce functionality using the Demandware developer platform and associated Third Party developer toolkits
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop testable software to agreed project standards
- Plan and estimate work stream related activities accurately with senior application developer
- Produce and maintain accurate and thorough technical design documentation covering areas of project responsibility
- Ensures technical solution is constructed and implemented according to technical design and standards/best practices
- Develops and applies comprehensive domain knowledge of Demandware server side application development on projects
- Unit tests code and delivers high quality work to agreed deadlines
- Application of Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Test Driven Development) to improve efficiency and quality of software delivery
- Has worked in a software development capacity
- Development experience in eCommerce/Web application development environments
- In-depth knowledge of Java/JEE Web profile
- Expert knowledge of coding and accessibility standards
- Experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and version control systems
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Eclipse based IDE
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Aptitude and willingness to learn quickly and work with a wide range of technologies including those unfamiliar to you.
What We Offer: As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
If you want to work in a dynamic team within a global brand click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?