Canterbury, Unit 1, Wincheap RP , Canterbury, CT13TQ
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare is the leading global retailer for parents and young children; you could be part of our brand putting customers at the heart of our business.
You will report directly to the Store Manager, and both be responsible for meeting the store's commercial and operational objectives. Your key accountabilities will be to
- Maximise the profitability of the store through the management of budgets
- Minimise losses and ensure a high level of stock availability
- Deliver operational excellence
You will have the skills to lead, inspire and motivate the store team to convey our Mothercare brand values, and provide amazing customer service at all times.
We need our Deputy Store Manager to have the following skill-set:
- A passion for high performance and ability to create a climate where people will strive to achieve their best
- Commercial instinct with a business management mind-set
- A role model for high standards of personal presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure
- A drive to move the store forward, and lead the team from the front
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers
- The ability to to influence at all levels, tackle issues amd provide direct, actionable feedback
- The flexibility to support business needs
So if the above sounds like you, then this could be the beginning of your new career!
Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Here at Mothercare between 600,000 and a million people walk through our doors every week in the UK. Our business interacts with over 85% of pregnant women in the UK per year - more than any other single company. As the country's number one parenting retailer we have a responsibility to our customers.
Our products, from clothes through to toys and nursery furniture, are designed especially with our customers' needs in mind. It's through you as Deputy Store Manager, and your team, that they'll learn how much Mothercare cares; for example, we are one of the few companies to hand check all our clothes before they reach the store, we use non scratch velcro on our premature baby ranges and that we use poppers containing no nickel to protect delicate skin. Our toys are designed to inspire growing minds to learn through play. And because we care, they are hand finished with non-toxic paints.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?