Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Admin & Technical Officer to join the Global Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Compliance Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide admin support for the Global Compliance team and manages product, standards and legal requirements for the UK business.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Support administrative tasks relating to product compliance to enable retail or import. Inc.
- Collation of necessary compliance documentation to enable premarket registration of Mothercare products (e.g. product technical files, certification)
- Ensure the delivery of product into UK stores is in line with the agreed product specification
- Conduct spot quality checks on production in-store where necessary
- Quarterly calculation and reporting of data under WEEE and Batteries Directives, maintain declaration process and in-store documentation. Liaison with National Measurement Office and appointed national body Valpak to address any enforcement or information queries
- When required conduct QC checks in the DC to ensure goods meet technical requirements
- Manage queries and issues from customer services, trading standards, legal and stores regarding returns and customer complaints
- Analysis of customer returns data to identify root cause of product returns and follow up with appropriate actions to improve product quality and reduce returns and customer dissatisfaction
- Regularly visit warehouse to review physical customer returned samples to understand nature of complaints and propose any corrective actions
- Analysis and assessment of customer complaints received at Head Office
- Due Diligence testing
- Provide ongoing support enabling all partners to trade legally and meet market regulatory requirements.
- Working with Mothercare teams to provide full compliance needs against delivery critical path
- Support collation of product samples for testing programmes
- We are looking for a Junior Technologist seeking their next opportunity, or a technical graduate looking to take their first step into a Compliance role
- You will need to be dynamic, productive and a self-starter who can organise themselves and feel confident making decisions
- Knowledge of technical standards and testing
- Understanding of general product safety and product risk assessments
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with an ability to influence when required
- Good analytical skills, relates easily/well to a diverse set of people
- Attention to detail, proactive & uses initiative.
- Reliable, flexible & follows through
- Resourceful with strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)Some local travel will be required
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?