Wood Green , 38-40 High Road , Wood Green, N226BX
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare is the leading global retailer for parents and young children; you could be part of our brand putting customers at the heart of our business.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Store Manager to join our Store based in Wood Green
As a Deputy Store Manager, you will report directly to the Store Manager and in conjunction with them you will both be responsible for the store's commercial and operational objectives. Your key accountabilities will be to maximise the profitability of the store through the management of budgets, minimising losses and ensuring a high level of stock availability whilst delivering operational excellence. You will have the skills to lead, inspire and motivate the store team, whilst conveying our Mothercare brand values and providing amazing customer service at all times.
We need our Deputy Store Manager to have the following skillset:
- A passion for high performance and the ability to create a climate where people strive to achieve their best
- Commercial instinct with a business management mind-set
- The ability to be a role model for high standards of personal presentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all times
- The ability to lead the team from the front
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure
- A drive to move the store forward
- A dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers
- The ability to tackle issues, providing direct and actionable positive feedback
- Able to influence at all levels
- The flexibility to support the business
So if the above sounds like you, then this could be the beginning of your new career!
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Here at Mothercare between 600,000 and a million people walk through our doors every week in the UK. Our business interacts with over 85% of pregnant women in the UK per year - more than any other single company. As the country's number one parenting retailer we have a responsibility to our customers.
Our products, from clothes through to toys and nursery furniture, are designed especially with our customers' needs in mind. It's through you as Deputy Store Manager, and your team, that they'll learn how much Mothercare cares; for example, we are one of the few companies to hand check all our clothes before they reach the store, we use non scratch velcro on our premature baby ranges and that we use poppers containing no nickel to protect delicate skin. Our toys are designed to inspire growing minds to learn through play. And because we care, they are hand finished with non-toxic paints.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?