Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
A newly-created and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Talent & Employee Proposition to join the People Team based in our Watford head office reporting to the Global HR Director. The role will focus on delivering the talent strategy to enable the Mothercare Global Brand to build the talent needed for the business to reach its vision and ambition.
Key role responsibilities:
- Develop Mothercare Global Talent Development and Management strategy for the business with input from key stakeholders that will drive our talent and proposition forward
- Define, design and embed our EVP globally
- Review and redesign a consistent approach to have an effective and value add Talent Management approach
- Develop the definition of 'high potential' within Mothercare Global which supports the company's values and strategic aspirations
- Develop and continuously review and improve a career pathway/framework for managers and leaders in the company which enables them, over time, to progress in a structured way and develops a deep understanding of people management and leadership and drives the values and behaviours which make a strong leader in Mothercare
- Develop and deliver a specific programme for high potential individuals which nurtures our homegrown talent and complements other development interventions available within the company
- Create a career framework and tools to allow business leaders, HR Community to identify the internal talent pipeline, their skill sets, development needs and career aspirations
- Work with the HR leads and key stake holders to coach them to ensure that high potential individuals have appropriate development plans in place
- Review and create a seamless process to on-boarding of talent that is aligned to our EVP
- Define and develop a competency framework that can be applied across the employee life-cycle and aligned to our global business strategic objectives
- Creative and an innovative thinker on the approach to the talent landscape, with a commercial eye that delivers practical resourcing and development solutions which drive the full potential of our people, and in turn our business performance.
- Full in-depth knowledge and substantial experience on the full talent cycle from acquisition, development, succession planning, to redeployment and analysis
- Experienced in the design, creation and delivering of people development interventions which maximise the potential of all our employees and deliver business critical outcomes
- Excellent organisation and communication skills that can engage people at all levels
- High attention to detail with gravitas, energy and drive
- Comfortable operating at a strategic level whilst also prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into the detail
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You'll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays and you'll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
If you are looking to work in a People function with great people and you are an expert at defining and delivering the talent agenda across a global franchise business click here to APPLY
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?