Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Manager to join the Global Product team based in our Watford head office reporting to the Technical & CSR Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The purpose of this role is to understand and manage the regulatory requirements of the markets that Mothercare operates in; working to ensure that the products developed and sold by Mothercare Group are and continue to follow the regulations in these markets protecting both the Mothercare customer and brand.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Market Management & Support
- Full product regulatory management of key international partners and or high compliance markets.
- Carry out new market legislation preparation, impact assess and share with International,Technical, Wholesale teams.
- Provide product standards and regulatory advice to and solution management to franchisee queries as they arise.
- Provide support on legal issues on product compliance as and when they arise, liaison with customs etc.
- Recognise improved ways of working and work closely with the Technical Manager to drive through improvement.
- Full technical support to international teams and their markets through regular meetings and communication.
Research & Recognise
- Through research and taking direction from the line manager, develop and write group product and compliance specifications.
- Identify and highlight changes to new or amended product safety and regulatory standards, impact assess to ensure group standards remain up to date and share with the business. Advise on potential impact to current / in-market product
- Collect and use returns data to strengthen group product specifications.
- Undertake research projects to aid in global product development (product, standardisation or legislation)
- Support creation and development of regulatory manuals and update regularly any changes to group product specifications
- Regular progress reporting to the line manager
- Manage performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within company policies and
- Looking for an experienced Compliance Manager ideally with a retail background, from a large organisation
- Franchise partner experience that focuses on EMEA is necessary
- Experience of working with both hard and soft goods
- Experience of managing a team is advantageous
- Experience in interpreting global product standards, regulatory requirements and legal regulation.
- Ability to work alone and decision make.
- Resourceful with strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some local travel will be required
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?