Watford, Watford Arches RP Lower High St, Watford, WD172SD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
This role supports the Finance Manager (Reporting & Controls) to deliver a strong financial control environment for the Global Brand, delivering statutory and management accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager to deliver the period end process to produce management accounts on a timely basis
- Prepare forecasts and undertake accounting for various group transactions including pension, share based payments, bonus, FX, intercompany, group consolidation entries
- Deliver analysis on the impact of accounting standard changes (eg IFRS 16)
- Support preparation of statutory accounts
- Support with audit queries art Half Year and Year End
- Analyse and report Group stock position on a periodic basis
- Prepare periodic Group balance sheet reports and analysis
- Prepare stock and debt provisions for the Global brand, ensuring adherence to Group methodology
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations undertaken for the Global Brand and ensure all risk and opportunities are tracked
- Support the preparation of audit and risk committee papers
What we are looking for
• Either qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), part qualified with the intention to fully qualify, or deemed qualified by experience
• Strong core finance skills
• Good attention to detail and analytical • Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work as part of a team • Good communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (esp. Excel) and experience using accounting software (CODA preferred
We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?