Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
If you are currently seeking a short term contract this role could be perfect for you. We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced Assistant Merchandisers to join the UK Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Home & Travel and Clothing department Merchandisers.
To support the trading of the UK business by optimising commercial performance via optimal planning and in-season trading of the ranges and the stock bought.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Work directly with a Merchandiser and support them, as directed, in the delivery of all relevant commercial KPIs - sales, profit, availability, fulfilment, option control, stock into sale and stock metrics across the department
- Oversee branded call off in line with the departmental OTB
- Maintain key line forecasting in RPAS
- Providing information and data to support the Merchandising and Buying teams
- Focuses on delivering the key launch and availability metrics set and agreed with the business for each channel, focusing on critical path management with the Buying team
- Provide data for weekly trade meetings together with analysing sales and stock proposing actions to Merchandiser
- Ensure data is provided for the Merchandiser to support input to UK range requirements
- Assist in managing seasonal stocks out of the business through careful analysis of the most profitable and cash effective strategies for stock disposal
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the UK Mother & Baby market
- Demonstrate an understanding of competitor activity across all selling channels
- Deputise for Merchandiser as required
- Looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser who can work independently
- Positive can-do attitude and able to easily adapt
- Analytical and used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Can work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining standards
- Numerate, analytical and able to work at fast pace
- Team working
- Great organisational skills and able to manage own workload
- Ability to manage own time
- Ability to think laterally - always looking to improve things
- Excel to intermediate level
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?