Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
We currently have some exciting Assistant Buyer opportunities in our Mothercare UK Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Home & Travel and Clothing department Buyers.
This role is responsible for supporting the Buyer in the implementation of the UK product strategy.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Buyer and support them, as directed, in the delivery of all relevant KPI's - sales ,profit, intake margin , option management and development of product plans to meet the needs of the UK customer
- Support the Buyer in the routine contact with UK branded suppliers, setting JBP's and negotiation of contribution
- Demonstrate an understanding of the UK Mother & Baby market
- Work with the buyer to develop exclusive ranges and maintain market share
- Continually monitor market and competitor activity through regular comp shopping, identifying any changes required to pricing in order to remain competitive
- Co-ordinate the smooth running of the department with respect to critical path adherence
- Work collaboratively with eCommerce to ensure on time sample availability to hit launch deadlines and accurate product content /video for customer.
- Work with Visual Merchandise and PR to ensure they are fully briefed on new launches
- Supporting and training BA on all administration duties to ensure the department achieves accuracy and deadlines
- Deputise for the Buyer as required
- Looking for an experienced Assistant Buyer who can work independently
- Positive can-do attitude and able to easily adapt
- Can work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining standards
- Team worker
- Great organisational skills and able to manage own workload
- Ability to manage own time
- Ability to think laterally - always looking to improve things
- Presentation skills
- Product affinity
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?