Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clothing Designer to join the Global Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Design Manager.
To design and develop commercial, profitable, stylish and innovative products and ranges in line with the Mothercare handwriting.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating new ranges in line with Mothercare strategy.
- Design and create ranges in line with trend direction and the Mothercare global product handwriting
- Work closely with the Commercial product developers in delivering a balanced range
- Development trips to take place throughout the season in line with critical path
- Regular inspiration shopping trips and research in line with the seasonal ranges.
- Drive newness and innovation in products in line with trend direction
- Drive financial results by designing and developing products that are innovative and cater to needs of our customers, especially our six critical global markets
- Ensure all market requirements of Mothercare franchisees are considered and incorporated into the ranges
- Ensure GBB is considered when designing ranges
- Ensure the ranges are designed on time and in line with the critical path for all of your departments
- Work closely with graphic designer to effectively capture Mothercare style/handwriting
- Work with Range Architecture team to define product and range requirements in line with the global option framework
- Work with Commercial team to ensure a balanced, commercial range is produced
- Liaise with W E Connor to ensure that product brief is captured and understood including appropriate factory contact to access relevant design intelligence
- Work closely with technical team to ensure Mothercare quality and safety standards are met
- We are looking for somebody who has a creative flare with the relevant design qualification
- An experienced Designer who has previously designed kids wear or women's wear
- You must have a can do attitude be resiliant and positive
- Creative with trend awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Be a proactive person who can manage themselves
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent time management skills
- Commercial thinker who can do things in the most efficient way
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?