Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
We currently have some exciting Assistant Graphic Designer opportunities within our Mothercare Global Brand Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Design Managers.
The purpose of this role is to design & develop distinctive, innovative ranges in line with Mothercare strategy to increase sales, margin, profits and market share.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Support the graphic designer in delivering all graphics for the department in line with the critical path
- Graphic inspiration, comp shopping and research for department by phase or season
- Developing new graphics and prints in line with seasonal stories
- Work closely with designers to understand customer needs and expectations and incorporate into ranges & designs
- Maintain knowledge of all trends and support the researching into graphics and techniques
- Research print and pattern direction and technique and communicate this effectively to key stakeholders
- Produce graphic & print design specs suitable for technical team & factories to interpret
- Liaise with supply base to achieve successful results, making revisions where necessary to suit processes available
- Deliver to key milestones in line with critical path
- Understand the best and worst and lessons learnt on graphics
- Design graphics in line with the Mothercare handwriting with new techniques but ensuring global requirements are met
- Ensure all graphic designers are working together to ensure consistent approach, sharing ways of working and designs across all areas to minimise workload
- We are looking for experienced Graphic Designers
- We are looking for somebody who is energetic with a creative flare and has experience of working in a fashion retailer
- You must demonstrate advance use of Adobe Creative Suit CS5+ (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Be a proactive person who can manage themselves
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent time management skills
- Commercial thinker who does things in the most efficient way
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?