Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
We currently have some exciting Assistant Designer opportunities within our Mothercare Global Brand Product team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Home & Travel and Toys Design Manager.
The purpose of this role is to collaborate in the development of commercial, profitable, stylish and innovative products and ranges in line with the Mothercare handwriting.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Produce design specs suitable for WE Connor to interpret and liaise with them to achieve successful results
- Report on new directions, developments and product opportunities which can be incorporated into new ranges
- Regularly review global competitors and evaluate sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets; be alert to the requirements of the 6 critical global markets through establishing strong relationships with Commercial Business Partners
- Understand demands of critical path and ensure deadlines are met and that products being designed are producible
- Support on research, trend, and ensure product and colour information is produced for the department in line with company, divisional and department strategy, providing choice for customers
- Build a knowledge of the product industry in which you work to ensure that design development is aligned with industry opportunities and constraints e.g. a knowledge of tooling issues in hard goods
- Work closely with technical team to ensure Mothercare quality and safety standards are met
- Work closely with Range Architecture function to understand global performance and global product requirements to build the range
- Work closely with WE Connor to ensure that samples processed to meet deadlines
- Deputise for Designer as required
- We are looking for experienced Hard goods Designer preferably with a product design degree
- We are looking for somebody who is energetic with a creative flare
- You must demonstrate advance use illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Acrobat and 3D software
- We are looking for somebody who can be versatile with transferable skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Be a proactive person who can manage themselves
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent time management skills
- Commercial thinker who does things in the most efficient way
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?