Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Senior FP&A Manager you will be responsible for investor relations, financial planning and outturn analysis for the Group, and the control and reporting of central costs for the Global Brand.
- Full ownership of Group wide planning processes (both short term and strategic long term planning) covering all financial statements
- Preparation of presentation packs for forecasts, budget and strategic plans for the Management Board and Supervisory and Governance Board
- Own risks and opportunities reporting against profit targets, ensuring variances are flagged on a timely basis and embedded into upcoming planning outputs
- Seek to drive efficiencies in planning and reporting processes including use of IT enabling solutions
- Lead weekly, periodic and bi-annual profit & KPI reporting - both historic and forward looking outturn
- Prepare quarterly trading statements and supporting analysis including business KPIs
- Ownership of going concern and viability modelling and liaison with external auditors
- Lead on the production of all financial communications relating to plc performance including company results, trading statements, all RNS announcements and annual report production
- Support key stakeholder events including prelims/ interims and investor roadshows
- Ensure alignment of internal and external communication regarding results and trading statements
- Monitoring consensus with reference to the latest outturn view
- Key point of contact for all investor queries
- Own all central costs for the Global brand including period end reporting, budgeting/forecasting and ad-hoc analysis
- Business partner senior cost centre owners including all Management Board members ensuring they have visibility of their spend, they are challenged on spending decisions, and that risks and opportunities are flagged on a timely basis
- Support half year and year-end audit processes for Central costs
- Reporting to the Procurement Committee on a periodic basis
- Work with the Procurement function to seek out opportunities to drive cost savings across the Group
- Supervisory and Governance Board
- Management Board and other senior leaders
- Global Finance Director and senior Finance team
- Head of UK Finance and UK Finance leadership team
What we are looking for
About you: • Qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with 5+ years PQE • Previous FP&A experience in consumer led business • Strong core finance skills • Highly analytical with ability to interpret and manage complex data from multiple sources • Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) • Experience of influencing senior stakeholders • Advanced Microsoft Office skills (esp. Excel) and experience using accounting software (CODA preferred) • Excellent attention to detail, whilst also being able to understand the bigger picture and tell the commercial story behind the figures • Experience of leading and developing a strong team
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?