Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Finance Analyst for Central Cost & Capex you will be responsible for producing accurate and timely reporting and plans for UK central cost and capital expenditure.
- Management of for UK central costs and capital expenditure including period end accounting, presentation of periodic reports, reconciliations and presentation of balance sheet accounts
- Partner with designated central cost centre owners to produce accurate and timely reporting and forecasts on payroll and non-payroll spend
- Meet regularly with finance and non-finance staff (including senior management) to understand and challenge costs incurred/to be incurred in the period and analyse variances to budget
- Provide financial support to senior leaders for capital expenditure requests, evaluating & advising whether investment should be undertaken or not
- Ensure that business cases been financially assessed and contain robust assumptions
- Support the post investment review process
- Managing capex request process ensuring appropriate authorisation has been obtained prior to inclusion in the finance system
- Support and assist in budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support half year and year end audit process
- Senior management / cost centre owners
- UK Operating Team
- Wider Finance Teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Either qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), part qualified with the intention to fully qualify, or deemed qualified by experience
- Strong core finance skills
- Good attention to detail and analytical
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work as part of a team
- Good communication and influencing skills (written and verbal)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (esp. Excel) and experience using accounting software (CODA preferred)
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?