Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Communications Executive you will be responsible for developing content for and manage the day-to-day delivery of communication channels that support Mothercare Global Brand's business strategy and enable effective relationships with both colleagues and partners around the globe.
- Work with the Colleague and Partner Communications Manager and key stakeholders to develop communications plans with defined objectives, audiences, messages, activities and measures, and which support stakeholders to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Maintain calendars of scheduled communications activity for both colleagues and partners, which can be used to inform communications planning with stakeholders.
- Use understanding of Mothercare Global Brand's strategy, business priorities and audiences to write clear and compelling communications for a variety of mediums.
- Source and develop content required to deliver communications plans, as well as ad hoc communications for relevant channels.
- Develop content that is aligned to house-style, reflecting the appropriate tone and language for the message and target audience.
- Maintain the editorial policy, governance and guidelines for communication channels, and support stakeholders to understand and adhere to them.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of communications channels, including online platforms for both colleagues and partners.
- Use formal and informal measurement data to evaluate the effectiveness of communications channels and their content, enabling continuous improvement of our communications.
- Identify opportunities for and implement improvements to communication channels, making them more accessible, user-friendly and engaging.
- Deliver communications activities to agreed plan, keeping to schedule and to budget.
- Maintain an up-to-date distribution list to ensure targeted and timely communications with partners.
- Deliver creative, effective, consistent and cost-effective communications.
- Support the Colleague and Partner Communications Manager to coordinate engagement activities.
Stakeholder management and collaborative working:
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress against communication plans, escalating any issues or dependencies in an appropriate and timely way.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with people across the business, supporting them to define their communication requirements and provide sound communications advice.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to deliver joined-up internal and external communications.
- Manage third-party suppliers required for communications delivery.
- Change, Talent, and Learning and Development colleagues in the People and Governance function
- Head of Commercial Business Partners
- Global Operations Manager
- IT team
- Internal Communications professionals in Mothercare Business Services and Mothercare UK
- External suppliers
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of delivering internal, partner and/or corporate communications
- Experience of delivering a variety of communications channels, including digital and face-to-face
- Experience of using creative and cost-effective means of communicating
- Experience managing communication projects independently
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to tailor messages to different audiences and a variety of mediums
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships
- Comfortable with change and working with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Experience in journalism or copywriting
- Experience working with global audiences, tailoring messages and channels to suit different cultures and ways of working
- Experience of supporting cultural or organisational change
- Experience using new and innovative communications channels
- Experience of building engaged networks through effective communications
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?