Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare Business Services Team have a new opportunity for a Backend Developer to be responsible for developing and delivering small to medium sized application projects, working with a team of in-house web product managers, software developers and external system integrators and solution providers.
This role will participate in the application development lifecycle including construction, peer reviews, documentation, testing and deployment
- Implement dynamic, data driven eCommerce functionality using the Demandware
- developer platform and associated Third Party developer toolkits
- Collaborate with team members to design and develop testable software to agreed project
- Plan and estimate work stream related activities accurately with senior application
- Produce and maintain accurate and thorough technical design documentation covering
- areas of project responsibility
- Ensures technical solution is constructed and implemented according to technical design
- and standards/best practices
- Develops and applies comprehensive domain knowledge of Demandware server side
- application development on projects
- Unit tests code and delivers high quality work to agreed deadlines
- Application of Agile methodologies (SCRUM/Test Driven Development) to improve
- efficiency and quality of software delivery
- Has worked in a software development capacity
- Software development experience in eCommerce/Web application development
- HTML / CSS, DHTML and AJAX
- In-depth knowledge of Java/JEE Web profile
- Expert knowledge of coding and accessibility standards
- Experience with engineering tools such as bug tracking and version control systems
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Eclipse based IDE
- Excellent problem solving skills.
What We Offer: As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?