Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare Business Services Team have an exciting opportunity for Digital Architect to apply design governance to all proposed changes to the Mothercare application landscape with an aim to reduce IT ownership costs and increase both IT and business agility.
The successful applicant will work with the Head of Architecture and be responsible for guiding the architecture, design and implementation of technology component across the business in pursuit of the architectural vision.
- Maintain a broad understanding of system processes across all business units
- Participate in the definition of the IT architectural vision, standards and policies framework.
- Ensure that these principles are present through all IT deliveries
- Research and evaluate emerging trends within the external environment and make recommendations where these could benefit the business
- Produce documentation of design decisions for application development teams or product implementation teams to execute
- Liaise with infrastructure and technical services teams to define solutions
- Validate and input into solution application development team deliverables
- Has worked in client-facing software engineering / consultancy role
- Solution delivery experience across multiple technology stacks
- Full project-scope experience
- Subject matter expert level knowledge in one of the following technical domains
- Service oriented architecture
- eCommerce/multi-channel retail solutions
- Experienced in producing designs of complex systems, including
- Requirements discovery and analysis
- Formulation of solution context
- Identification of solution alternatives and their assessment
- Technology selection
- Design configuration
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East.
If you are looking for a new platform for your skills and to be part of a global brand working within a great team click here to APPLY .
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?