Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare are looking for a Digital Architect.
The purpose of the role is to apply design governance to all proposed changes to the Mothercare application landscape with an aim to reduce IT ownership costs whilst increasing both IT and business agility.
You will work with the Head of Architecture and be responsible for guiding the architecture, design and implementation of technology component across the business in pursuit of the architectural vision.
- Maintain a broad understanding of system processes across all business units
- Participate in the definition of the IT architectural vision, standards and policies framework.
- Ensure that these principles are present through all IT deliveries
- Research and evaluate emerging trends within the external environment and make recommendations where these could benefit the business
- Produce documentation of design decisions for application development teams or product implementation teams to execute
- Liaise with infrastructure and technical services teams to define solutions
- Validate and input into solution application development team deliverables
- Has worked in client-facing software engineering / consultancy role
- Solution delivery experience across multiple technology stacks
- Full project-scope experience
- Has experience with Salesforce
- Subject matter expert level knowledge in one of the following technical domains
- Service oriented architecture
- eCommerce/multi-channel retail solutions
- Experienced in producing designs of complex systems, including
- Requirements discovery and analysis
- Formulation of solution context
- Identification of solution alternatives and their assessment
- Technology selection
- Design configuration
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary • Private medical insurance • 25 days holiday plus a ‘Mothercare Day’ and Bank Holidays • Flexible working • Extended Parental leave • Staff discount • On-site, cost price staff shop, where all proceeds are donated to charity
Born in 1961, Mothercare has been a favourite of mums and dads for over 50 years In the last few years we’ve been on quite a journey. We’ve invested in positive changes to transform us into a digitally led business, with modern stores and infrastructure. What remains is our brand heritage, the expertise of our people and the pride and passion in everything that we do.
We’re honoured to help, support and inspire mums and dads as they take on the most magical and important job they can do. We pride ourselves on being the place to go to for all parenting needs
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?