Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Designer to join our Mothercare Global Brand Design team based in our Watford head office, reporting to the Design & Marketing Manager.
The purpose of this role is to collaborate in the development of commercial, profitable, stylish and innovative products and ranges in line with the Mini Club Brand Identity to meet the needs and aspirations of the Boots Customer
Key Role Responsibilities
- To deliver sales, FAM and profit for the Joint Venture of Mini Club: Mothercare & Boots.
- Supporting Design Manager / Senior Designer/ Junior Designer to ensure that trend, product and colour information is produced for the Dept in line with Company, Divisional and Dept strategy, providing choice for customers and keeping within Brand Direction
- Understanding of Brand Direction and the Sub Brands within Mini Club
- Attend trade fairs reporting back on new directions, developments and product opportunities ensuring that appropriate new products are incorporated into the ranges
- Monitor and evaluate sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets leading to new and innovative product opportunities, ensuring they are developed effectively and incorporated into the ranges
- Regularly review competitors and aspirational brands.
- Regularly visit Mini Club stores and website
- To maintain Critical Path deadline dates.
- Supporting the team and Design Manager to research and build upon key trends, print and colour direction, fabric developments, key shapes that fall into the Mini Club handwriting.
- Ownership of ranges: To include: Identifying key trends, putting together commercial colour palettes, option planning with Buying & Merchandisers, development of samples to include clear and concise factory brief sheets so that factories can easily read, range planning, presentation of ranges to internal teams and external teams from Boots.
- To present a commercial range to the internal Management Team and the Boots team on owned ranges
- To deliver clear and comments for factories after Sign Off to Boots
- To have ownership on all comments and developments, to continue to develop the product through to the finished garment
- Work closely with Buying and Merchandising understanding sales and to build ranges and to assess what has worked/not worked
- Work closely with FSS and Mothercare Sourcing Offices to ensure that samples processed to meet the Critical Path.
- Work with Fully Serviced Suppliers where Mothercare Sourcing are unable to compete on garments type or pricing.
- Work closely with the UK and Overseas technical team to ensure Boots & Mothercare quality and safety standards are met.
- Good knowledge of different fabrics and fabric capabilities
- Must have an understanding of garment make up and to what fabrics can be used.
- Working closely with Technical team, Attend fit sessions where necessary and understand the quality and safety measures to be taken
- Providing Support to the VM teams with the brand guidelines to issue collection descriptions for Boots teams to deliver concise ranges in store
- Marketing support on photoshoots and for social network to build public awareness of the Mini
- Club brand. To support collating outfitting for models for photoshoots.
- To attend regular Boots pavilion presentation days
- Previous Baby or Toddler design experience
- Experience of working with factories and visiting a factory working environment
- Creative and Trend aware
- CAD experience in Adobe Suite. Illustrator essential and photo shop optional
What We Offer:
As much as our customers are important to us, you are too. You’ll be rewarded for a job well done. A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and you’ll be given an extra Mothercare day to spend with your family and friends. Other great benefits include 20% discount on all Mothercare products, free eye tests, interest free season ticket loans and extended parental leave.
About Mothercare: We pride ourselves on being the leading global specialist for all parents and young children needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice. Operating across the UK and internationally through franchises in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Far East. click here to APPLY
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?