Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
This role offers a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps into the Buying industry. As the Buying Assistant you will support the buying team in the implementation of the Mothercare and Mini Club strategy by providing administrative support and contributing to the buying process.
- Support the timely arrival and availability of product, generating style numbers, sending and monitoring style agreement forms/ Buyers' worksheets, raising SKU's and contracts accurately, and amending where necessary in line with the Boots CP.
- Input accurate information to the contracting systems and supporting documents, in order to maintain accurate style and financial information
- Ensure gold seals process runs smoothly with Boots and Mothercare Technologist, and maintain gold seal tracker accurately
- Provide administrative support as required, including booking meeting rooms, providing hospitality duties, opening and distributing post and parcels, and ensuring that department and meeting rooms are maintained tidily
- Regularly review supplier critical paths with MA, feeding back to senior buyer with any issues, and updating relevant documents with any changes
- Support the Assistant buyer in managing approvals commercially, within critical path and that reflect the vision of the range.
- Continually develop knowledge by regularly visiting stores, competitive shopping, reviewing customer insight information, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the store environment and the implications for the development, delivery and implementation of products to our stores by carrying out regular store visits and responding to stores feedback
- Demonstrate an understanding of how current and historical data impacts on the sales and profit of the department, and how lessons are learnt for future planning
- Responsible for accurate completions and communication of web proforma to Boots as well as management of web samples.
- Support at fit meetings with Mothercare Technologist.
- Support VM Manager with preparation for VM guideline and ISO catalogue shoot.
- Support Marketing team with samples and preparation required for photo shoots, POS etc.
In Season Trading
- Action accurate trade analysis within agreed timescales.
- Act on any feedback received via customers and store teams, resolving any issues raised.
- Work with MA to present dept performance and product at internal Monday trade meeting, highlighting competitor activity and ranging that may affect sales.
- Manage line detail changes accurately, communicating with Boots where required.
- Ensure product critical path is managed to meet availability targets for in season product launches
- Support information flow for Mission
- Provide support for any new business initiatives.
- Support VM Manager with any in season VM changes/amendments
- Boots eCommerce
- Boots Commercial team
- Marketing (including Visual Merchandising)
- Mini Club Retail Operations
- Mothercare and Boots technical and compliance teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong organisation Skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Applying commercial judgment
- Customer Focus
- An understanding of Ecommerce
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?