Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
The purpose of this role is to support the trading of the UK business by optimising commercial performance via optimal planning and in-season trading of the ranges and the stock bought.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Work directly with and support the Merchandiser in delivering all commercial KPIs
- Oversee branded call off in line with the departmental OTB
- Maintain key line forecasting in RPAS
- Providing information and data to support the Merchandising and Buying teams
- Focuses on delivering the key launch and availability metrics set and agreed with the business for each channel, focusing on critical path management with the Buying team
- Provide data for weekly trade meetings together with analysing sales and stock proposing actions to Merchandiser
- Ensure data is provided for the Merchandiser to support input to UK range requirements
- Assist in managing seasonal stocks out of the business through careful analysis of the most profitable and cash effective strategies for stock disposal
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the UK Mother & Baby market
- Demonstrate an understanding of competitor activity across all selling channels
- Previous experience in clothing, boys/ girls experience in highly desirable
- Previous experience in an Assistant Merchandising role
- Strong excel skills
- Analytical and numerical abilities
What’s in it for you?
These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming, and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus a Mothercare day, annual season ticket loans, free eye care…to name a few!
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?