National Distribution Centre, Danes Way DIRFT East, Crick, NN67GX
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Logistics Assistant you will provide all required commercial documentation to our Franchisees, ensuring we meet all Customs requirements. You will work closely with the Intl Logistics Ops Manager to ensure a high level service is given to all Mothercare/ELC departments and franchisees. The Logistic Assistant also will ensure operational procedures and guidelines are followed.
- To ensure each consignment leaves the warehouse / origin port with appropriate and accurate documents for cross border clearance as per the operational procedures
- To ensure all Direct Ship routes have accurate and timely documentation to ensure customs clearance at destination, giving Finance the Invoice for monies collection.
- To develop effective working relationships with key contacts in the business and with external contacts, e.g. Chamber of Commerce, HMCE, freight forwarders, DC's
- Allocate Tariff Codes to MC Group product to ensure correct duty valuation.
- To work with the 3rd Party Logistic providers to ensure despatch schedules are met.
- To work with Freight Forwarders to ensure collections are made to meet despatch schedules.
- To work as part of the Intl Logistics team to ensure despatch schedules are met and to communicate with other areas of Logistics and Mothercare International team any issues which present a threat to schedule performance.
- To ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Freight Forwarders
- Intl Dept
Knowledge & Skills
- Good PC skills with accurate data entry
- Previous admin experience meeting tight deadlines
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of operational warehouse procedures
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?