Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for providing financial control for: Sourcing product - covering commercial finance and financial reporting & control; and Global Distribution.
- Ownership for the full Sourcing P&L (sales, contribution, UK margin items and costs)
- Ownership of all accounting processes for Sourcing
- Ownership of Cost Model
- Lead relationship between WEC Finance (based in Asia) and Mothercare
- Provide continual challenge and analysis on WEC prices
- Understand, and communicate, risks and opportunities in all P&L lines in delivering the annual budget
- Lead the planning and re-forecasting processes
- Provide robust, insightful management reporting (weekly and periodically) to support the business
- Ensure tight controls on P&L and balance sheet, including understanding of variances, regular balance sheet reviews to track risks and opportunities Global Distribution
- Support the Global Supply Chain team taking primary responsibility for the accounting and financial support of the end to end distribution process
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager (Trading) to ensure that the end to end logistics and distribution process is supported by finance and the relevant intercompany payments and cost are allocated fairly
- Manage the weekly financial performance report, providing detailed analysis on the key variances, and KPI's
- Manage the team to ensure weekly reviews with 3rd Party logistic providers are adequately represented by finance to ensure full understanding of operational activities and their financial implications
- Manage the periodic management accounts and reporting packs for review with senior finance team and wider business leaders
- Responsible for preparing detailed budgets and forecasts in relation to Global Distribution
- Review and challenge the financial information and strategic decisions of the Global Distribution team
- Undertake detailed analysis on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Ensure underlying systems, procedures and management information are accurate, timely, reliable and a sound financial control exists
- Global Product Director
- Head of Commercial Management
- Head of Commercial Business Partners
- Head of Supply Chain
- Senior Finance Manager (Trading)
- Wider Finance team
- Qualified accountant (5+ years PQE experience)
- Demonstrable commercial exposure working with operational retail or FMCG to review business performance with output being used for decision making
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Strong financial control skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to influence and lead others
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to focus on wider strategy
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?