Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Assistant Designer for clothing you will collaborate in the development of commercial, profitable, stylish and innovative products and ranges in line with the Mothercare handwriting.
- Produce design specs suitable for WE Connor to interpret and liaise with them to achieve successful results
- Report on new directions, developments and product opportunities which can be incorporated into new ranges
- Regularly review global competitors and evaluate sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets; be alert to the requirements of the 6 critical global markets through establishing strong relationships with Commercial Business Partners
- Understand demands of critical path and ensure deadlines are met and that products being designed are producible
- Support on research, trend, and ensure product and colour information is produced for the department in line with company, divisional and department strategy, providing choice for customers
- Build a knowledge of the product industry in which you work to ensure that design development is aligned with industry opportunities and constraints e.g. a knowledge of tooling issues in hard goods
- Work closely with technical team to ensure Mothercare quality and safety standards are met
- Work closely with Range Architecture function to understand global performance and global product requirements to build the range
- Work closely with WE Connor to ensure that samples processed to meet deadlines
- Deputise for Designer as required
- Design function leadership
- Designers/ Graphic Designers
- Range Architecture
- Third party Sourcing agent
- Commercial Business Partners
- Commercial Managers
Knowledge & Skills
- Relevant Design qualification
- Experience in design (ideally from a retailer, manufacturer or design consultancy)
- Creative and trend awareness
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?