Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the HR Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted HR adviser and strategic partner to one or more Business Units or Functions. You will drive the understanding of people and organisational implications of the business strategy and goals across the BU/Functional leadership team and in so doing influence the business agenda. This role will focus on strategic activities and evaluate HR service and value delivered to the Business Unit/Function, diagnose & build the required people/ organisation capability and be accountable for all HR issues in the Business Unit/ Function leveraging the inputs of HR Specialists. You will contract with the Business Unit/Functional leader on an appropriate value/ output focused scorecard and discuss insights to drive business performance.
- Partner with the leader and leadership team of the BU/Function, in effectively leading, managing
and supporting their teams This would entail the following:
- Translating business needs into clearly articulated and actionable organisation and people plans, informing the year-on-year Capability Strategy for the BU/Function
- Ensuring the building of the critical organisational capabilities in the BU /Function required to execute its strategies and plans
Developing a plan to shape the desired culture (high performance, high engagement) and ensure impactful execution with the leaders within the BU /Function
- Embed the principles of the HR Operating model in the BU/Function.
Implementing, entrenching and modelling the agreed HR model in the BU, working well with Specialists to deliver an integrated service to line customers
- Ensuring business-focused and aligned execution of HR solutions in the BU/Function
Building HR capability and credibility amongst leaders and customers through robust development and coaching.
- Manage and deliver a high quality, professional and valued HR service to the BU/Function
Identifying opportunities to improve the HR service delivered to ensure that HR is always seen to add value
- Monitoring and supporting the BU/Finction performance through the deliberate use of an agreed people scorecard
- Being accountable for communicating, implementing, leveraging and embedding the core HR processes
Areas of focus:
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Organisation Development
- Learning & Development
- Employee Relations
- Employee Engagement
- BU/Function Leadership
- Line Managers
- Global People & Governance Director
- Business Services - HR Operations
- Business Services - Recruitment Services
Knowledge & Skills
- An appropriate Bachelor's degree & CIPD Qualified
- Track record of building excellent relationships and credibility with senior business leaders based on solid commercial understanding and an ability to identify customer needs and go beyond just delivering defined HR solutions
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, and solve business problems with pragmatic and speedy solutions - assimilating issues and ideas into clear requirements, generating alternative solutions based on own insight or learning
- Strong communication, engagement and interpersonal skills - delivers impactful messages and influences outcomes
- A track record of building HR capability, shaping culture and leadership behaviours
- Experience in aligning critical elements of structure, process and routines to implement and anchor changes
- Experience in commercial business roles or line management would be advantageous, assisting the incumbent in shaping a commercial mind-set within HR
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?