Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
|Salary:||£50,700 - £76,040|
Mothercare are looking for a HR Operations Manager to oversee the entire HR Support service.
The role reports into the Head of Business Services and is accountable for the HR System and Admin team, ER and Payroll.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Maintain a suite of people policies, ensuring both compliance with legislation
- Create new contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines which are practical, pragmatic and commercial, factoring in business requirements and colleague experience
- Act as escalation point for the ER Specialist
Processes & Administration
- Responsible for delivering an efficient effective administration service for all employees globally covering the entire colleague lifecycle
- Use Lean/six sigma methodology to design streamlined processes that fully utilise technology to drive efficiency
- Accurately manage all payrolls
- Process annual pay reviews, bonus payments and other cyclical/annual events
- Ensure all benefit programmes (including insured benefits) are precisely administered
- Continually review and improve processes, documentation, communication, manager/stakeholder toolkits and SLA's for systems administration
Systems, Data, Reporting & Insight
- Act as custodian of all HR systems (currently iTrent and Cornerstone On Demand) ensuring systems are configured to suit business needs
- Responsible for the integrity of data, systems and supporting documentation
- Develop insight of people metrics through the design and implementation of a suite of reports and dashboards (both regular/periodic and ad hoc)
Managing the Team
- Lead and develop team members to deliver a great experience for service users
- Plan and manage workflow of team members
- Monitor performance management processes, metrics and vendor management to ensure continuous improvement
- Provide guidance and be the ultimate escalation point the teams
- Control operational cost and quality
- Be governed by service level agreements
- Coordinate vendor relationships with third parties
- Considerable development and utilisation of HR systems
- Experience of process re-engineering
- Demonstrable experience of managing HR core services provision and systems
- Experience of managing a transactional HR team
- Highly influential, trusted to provide high quality in-house 'consulting' and specialism to the business
- Good understanding of employment law and experience of providing ER advice
- Proven ability to create insightful reports and analyse data to inform decision making
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary • Private medical insurance • 25 days holiday plus a ‘Mothercare Day’ and Bank Holidays • Flexible working • In-office Yoga and Bootcamp classes • Staff discount • On-site, cost price staff shop, where all proceeds are donated to charity
Born in 1961, Mothercare has been a favourite of mums and dads for over 50 years In the last few years we’ve been on quite a journey. We’ve invested in positive changes to transform us into a digitally led business, with modern stores and infrastructure. What remains is our brand heritage, the expertise of our people and the pride and passion in everything that we do.
We’re honoured to help, support and inspire mums and dads as they take on the most magical and important job they can do. We pride ourselves on being the place to go to for all parenting needs including award winning clothing collections, quality home & travel products and that all important expert help and advice.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?