Retail Support Centre, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Design Manager you will draw upon experience and support the formulation of a design strategy that meets the needs of the business and support the team with the delivery of the strategy. To design creative products from brief to manufacture within timescales to enhance and grow the company's brand image and its profitability. With this role you will manage a team of 9. There will also be ad-hoc international travel to visit factory's in China and India.
- Support senior management to set the department strategy and delivery of it
- To deliver new, innovative and exciting products ensuring all global market requirements are considered along with trend direction
- Deliver trend direction in line with strategy and deliver the product handwriting
- Collaborate with Commercial & Range architecture to ensure that the direction is in line with business strategy, offering customers a suitable choice
- To brainstorm new product ideas and to visually communicate them to the wider product team
- To produce designs that are commercially viable in line with the product strategy and delivers to the global customer
- Understand demands of critical path, ensuring deadlines are met and in-store availability targets are achieved
- To monitor and evaluate sources of inspiration and trends within the wider toy and general design industries
- To drive the graphic and product handwriting for the departments in line with the product strategy
- To attend trade shows and inspiration shopping trips when required
- Ensure all GBB and costings are considered in delivering the balanced range
- Research, design and develop in line with critical path delivering samples
- Work closely with other departments to ensure design concepts are feasible in the consideration of safety requirements, supplier's ability and capability.
- To prepare for and respond to internal project reviews
- To maintain a good working knowledge of the relevant design software and manufacturing processes
- To effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with the
- Work closely with all design managers in delivering strategy and ensuring product handwriting is met. Additionally working closely with the Commercial team and the range Architecture team
- To work well and efficiently as part of a small design team and wider stakeholders
- To maintain good levels of communication within the UK and global offices
- Manage and motivate team to drive high performance (individual & business)
- Manage the freelancers inline with the budgets set
- Continuous manage team performance and engagement to keep people attrition low
- Drive positive leadership through strong brand values and strategies with the team
- Product Development
- Packaging Design
- Buying team
- Design team
- A highly experienced designer
- Design qualification
- Good knowledge of Photoshop / Illustrator
- Good sketching ability
- Team player
- Awareness of overall business strategy and how this impacts on the Category/ Department.
- Able to work collaboratively with others
- Proven experience of developing and delivering strategy
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?