Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Assistant Buyer you will support the Buyer to ensure that the products being manufactured with the correct manufacturing partner (factory) and are being produced on time.
- Work directly with the Buyer to ensure that the relevant products within the range framework are produced to an acceptable level
- To identify issues where products cannot be produced to original thinking e.g. for reasons of manufacturing process, cost, componentry etc. and surface solutions/compromises to ensure that production can take place with the support of the product developer
- Work to coordinate the smooth running of the department with respect to global sign off and
- selling events
- To communicate effectively with all involved parties.
- Supporting and training Buying Admin Assistant on all duties to ensure the department achieves accuracy and deadlines
- To establish a strong routine relationship with all manufacturing partners (factories) to ensure that issues are identified very quickly so positive action can be implemented
- To communicate effectively with the Buyer to solicit support to address any difficult issues
- Oversee product administrator in sample management and storage
- Manufacturing partner (Suppliers and factories)
- Global stock management team
- Merchandising Team
- Design Team
- Key 6 global markets
Knowledge & Skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Managing uncertainty and ambiguity to define solutions
- Order processing
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?