Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Finance Systems Assistant you will support CODA users in the use and development of CODA along with its associated software and business processes.
You will be responsible for key aspects of CODA administration (and related systems), eg period close, master record maintenance, security. Additionally you will be the primary support for the development and maintenance of Coda XL reports and to provide user training on this product.
To support the Finance Systems Manager in:
- Testing and implementing new processes and areas of new functionality.
- Providing 1st level Application support for CODA users globally
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of data interfaced to CODA.
- Tracking and monitoring and, where appropriate, resolving or escalating issues raised through the CODA help desk.
- Ensuring that all staff receive adequate training in the use of CODA and related systems.
- Preparing systems documentation.
- Carrying out development projects
- CODA Users
- Mothercare IT
- Unit4 (CODA vendor)
- To have great organisational skills, including verbal and written English language skills.
- To work in a methodical manner.
- Positive attitude towards contributing amongst the team.
- Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Must be driven to find ways to streamline operations within their daily workload and to improve current procedures.
- COGNOS reporting
- Microsoft Access
- Experience in finance related to the retail industry will be desirable.
- Experience in financial packages (Coda) or similar.
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?