Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Treasury Analyst you support the management of the Group's cash requirements.
- Daily updates to cashflow forecasts & actuals - preparing the weekly cash flow forecast for review by the CFO
- Assist daily/weekly multi-currency cashflow forecasts and reports and prepare variance analysis
- Provide assistance as required in the management of the FX and hedging requirements of the business including assisting with the regulatory reporting requirements
- Reconcile key balance accounts every week including bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and process daily payments through the banking platforms
- Upload daily bank statements onto the back-office system
- Pension accounting & cash management relating to Treasury activities
- Budget/Forecast preparation
- KPI reporting
- Ensure Treasury admin duties are carried out on a timely basis (to include opening the post, filing bank statements etc)
- Finance teams across all 3 divisions
- 3rd party advisors eg Auditors
Knowledge & Skills
- Reconciliation skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet reporting deadlines
- Intermediate excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- Team worker
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?