Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Retoucher you will support the Photographic Studio Manager by ensuing all product merchandise category images are retouched and delivered on time and to an excellent standard. The role of the Retoucher is to ensure that colour accuracy, and product presentation is optimal. Working to agreed style guidelines across all departments to deliver retouching services to ensure product is accurately presented.
- Responsible for quality controlling colour accuracy of photography against the product and adjusting colour where it is required
- Aesthetic clean-up of product to ensure that product is accurately presented
- Working to agreed SLA's to ensure that product photography is available to publish on-time
- Working with a high volume of images - batching, resizing, cropping, retouching
- Retouching all studio images
- Ensuring all images are cropped and labelled as per naming conventions
- Accurately following retouching notes provided by our Photographer and Stylists
- Maintain the uniquely high retouching standards
- Uploading/downloading images
- Image processing in Scene7
- Track and monitor own performance to ensure that productivity SLA'S are achieved
- Identify areas for improved processes for increased studio output
- Proactively seek out opportunities to put us ahead of our competition
- Regularly reviewing new in product pages to ensure still life imagery going live is of the highest standard, identify areas for future improvement
- Contribute towards imagery reviews, demonstrating competitor awareness and being proactive in presenting opportunities for improvement
- Support with lifestyle retouching as required
- Prior experience of e-commerce retouching in a high volume, fast turn ecommerce brand is essential
- Experience to cover mannequin, table top
- Technical proficiency with Mac OS
- Very good working knowledge of Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Capture One Pro
- Experience with a drawing tablet & pen
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, positive and hard working
- Good communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills and an excellent understanding of online imagery requirements
- A strong work ethic
- Sound practical judgement
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?