Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Cherry Tree Road , Watford, WD246SH
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare are seeking a Finance Manager - Reporting & Controls to join our team. Within this role you will be responsible for internal month end reporting, external statutory reporting, technical accounting, and compliance with reporting regulations.
We are looking for someone with a natural aptitude for process refinement, troubleshooting and systems improvement would be of particular interest to us. You will have experience in managing an owning timely and accurate reports, able to articulate the wider group performance as well as explain any variance in the budget or the forecasts. This person will also oversee and management of period end including the consolidation of all UK and International companies.
- Lead delivery of interim announcement at half year, and preliminary announcement at year end;
- Responsibility for delivery of statutory accounts in line with internal and external timetable for both group, UK, and non-UK subsidiaries.
- Lead audit process and manage day to day relationship with the audit team.
- Ensure completion of all Audit and Risk Committee technical accounting papers.
- Own Group balance sheet and all related processes and reporting, ensuring all key balance sheets are reconciled on a timely basis and variances to expectations are understood with appropriate actions in place.
- Lead review of balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other finance teams.
- Reconcile and review owned balance sheet accounts.
- Fully understand system procedures required to deliver management accounts and proactively manage impact of business changes on reporting.
- Develop MI and processes to reflect business change and new requirements.
- Support monthly board and executive committee reports and collate information from finance stakeholders.
- Ensure accounting is in line with IFRS, provide technical advice when required, and consider the impact of accounting standard changes;
- Complete reporting and forecasting for various group transactions including pension, share
- based payments, bonus, FX, intercompany, and group consolidation entries;
- Liaise with other finance team members, including providing accounting assistance;
- Qualified ACA accountant
- Experience with IFRS financial statements
- Demonstrable experience in delivery focused role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate strong personal integrity
- An open and honest approach
- Customer-focused and proactive
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?