Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare are excited to be growing our Design team. As a result we are seeking a talented Design Assistant for boys wear. You will be a creative individual, with strong organisational skills in order to support the team to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will have exposure to the full design process including researching trends, identifying competitors, assisting in pulling the new seasons ranges together, creating tech packs and artwork briefing sheets and liaising with suppliers, all to produce products that truly fit the needs and aspirations of parents worldwide.
- Support Design team to ensure that trend, product and colour information is produced for the department in line with Company, Divisional and department strategy, providing choice for customers
- Support on trend by collating comprehensive research and original inspiration, to support colour, trend, fabric and product direction at the start of the season.
- Support the design team with work needed to meet critical path deadlines, such as creating line sheets, updating specifications, balancing ranges by colour and print, creating comp shop reports etc.
- Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
- Work closely with technical team to understand Mothercare quality and safety standards an ensure that they are incorporated into design specs.
- To build an awareness of the requirements of the critical 5 global markets.
- Deputise for Assistant Designers as required
- General Administration and ad hoc duties as required to keep the design area tidy and organised.
- You will have a fabulous sense of colour & drawing ability and will enjoy working to high standards & delivering profit to the business.
- You will be able to demonstrate your individual design flair and understand the Mothercare brand "handwriting"
- We're looking for someone who has a strong passion to work for Mothercare with the ability to design product with a unique point of difference from our competitors.
- With excellent presentation and communication skills, you will be confident in presenting your themes and ideas to the product teams.
- You will be competent working with either photoshop or illustrator: working knowledge of both CAD packages is desirable.
- Previous experience of creating design specifications is desirable.
- If you can demonstrate a commercial understanding of both the global babywear market and the Mothercare customer, then this could be the role for you.
- Preferably you will be educated to Degree standard in Fashion Design, with at least 1yrs experience ideally working within a design room environment for an aspirational babywear brand or with a keen interest in specialising in baby wear
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?