Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
As the Commercial Trading Assistant you will support the Commercial Trading manager driving sales and profit through optimum trading decisions and work with franchises to support day to day activities.
In addition you will hold the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Commercial trading manager to get a full understanding of Trading performance, with a clear understanding of their trading plan and agree actions where appropriate to drive sales and profit.
- Work with the Commercial trading manager to understand their order book in line with their business plan and retain clear knowledge of the inventory position and profile through the season and taking action as appropriate. Work with commercial management team and order management to ensure that shipment targets are in line with the sales forecast, having an awareness of seasonal availability and managing shipment exceptions (ie payment plan) and management of identifying routes to market for excess stock.
- Point of contact for Supply chain and coordination of partner shipments
- Ensure Retail sales are sent on a weekly basis from the Franchise partners and MIS is fully maintained.
- Support the Commercial Trading manager in collating sales data to make informed decisions
- Provide Franchise support on ad hoc requests e.g. credit notes, stock, exceptional agreements
- Work closely with the compliance team to ensure that all market requirements are accurately captured
- Provide excellent customer service to franchise partners responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Strong Excel skills and experience (i.e. v lookup's, pivot tables)
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to plan and organise
- Able to work well under pressure
- Cultural awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerical & analytical
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
We’re just finalising the deal but anticipate that Boots will start to carry Mothercare-branded products from Summer 2020.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?