Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare are seeking a Head of Finance to join our finance team in Aspley. Within this role you will responsible for leading the finance team and ensuring all objectives and expectations are met.
You will work closely with the CFO to continue the transformation of the business and hold the following responsibilities:
- All Statutory and external reporting, including , interim results, preliminary results and annual report
- Oversee the consolidation of the Group accounts and own the impact of FX as the Group includes overseas entities and multiple currencies
- Ensuring reporting is in line with all applicable accounting standards, owning the relationship with external auditors and delivery of communication to the Audit & Risk Committee
- Be a significant contributor to the implementation of the new ERP, to optimise the solution and be the ultimate owner of theF&O elements of the system
- Ad hoc report writing for both internal management and for external stakeholders, to ensure consistent communication of the Group's financial performance
- Management and leadership of the finance team ensuring the development, engagement and cost effectiveness of the team
- Lead and co-ordinate the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Treasury and cash management including currency, debt management and compliance with banking requirements
- Tax Management - ensure timely submission of statutory accounts and tax returns, tax planning
- Develop and provide financial insights to assist in making better decision making through provision of timely, accurate and relevant reporting and executing strategy
- Provision of timely, accurate reports to the Board, the management and other stakeholders such as lenders and pension Trustees
- Delivery of a strong financial control and risk framework including both internal and external audit and risk management
- Qualified accountant (ideally ACA)
- Comfortable in directly contributing to and participating in changing environments
- Willing to get involved at a detailed level and personally contributing to ensure targets are met
- Able to demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge including direct responsibility for delivery of multi-currency consolidations
- Excellent communication skills - both with senior internal stakeholders and external advisors
- Experience in leading and transforming finance teams
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?