Mothercare Global Brand - Head Office, Westside 1, London Road, Hemel Hempstead , HP39TD
|Contract Hours:||Full Time|
Mothercare's Design Team are seeking a talented Girls wear Designer to join them. You will be a creative individual, with a full knowledge of the girls wear market and have experience of developing product across 1-10 years with the support of a team. You will have a passion for designing product that is commercial, balanced, profitable, and innovative. Reporting into the Head of Design, you will have full ownership of the ranges designed, as well as leading a team to create and produce product that truly fits our brand aesthetics and the aspirations of parent's worldwide. The Designer will be a creative individual, with a full knowledge of the baby and kids wear market and a passion for designing product that is commercial, balanced, profitable, and innovative. Reporting into the Head Of Design, you will have full ownership of the ranges designed, as well as leading a team to create and produce product that truly fits our brand aesthetics and the aspirations of parents worldwide.
What you will need to succeed as a Designer?
- You will have a clear and full knowledge of the baby and kid's category including fabric, make-up, print techniques all relevant to the market for this age group.
- With excellent presentation and communication skills, you will be confident in presenting your forward-thinking themes and ideas to the wider business and team.
- You will have sound knowledge and understanding of manufacture within this category.
- You will have a fabulous sense of colour & drawing ability and will enjoy working to exacting standards and leading best practice.
- You will be able to demonstrate your individual design flair and develop the Mothercare brand "handwriting" whilst clearly understanding the business needs to create saleable and commercial ranges.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the market and clear understanding of the best-selling categories, colours, price relevance of each to maximise sales
- You will be competent working with either photoshop or illustrator: working knowledge of both CAD packages is desirable.
- If you can demonstrate a commercial understanding of both the global baby and kids wear market and the Mothercare customer, then this could be the role for you.
- Educated to Degree standard in Fashion Design with at least 5+yrs experience ideally working for an aspirational babywear or kids wear brand.
- Passionate about baby and kids wear. Excellent research skills.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Commercial eye
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of the baby wear market and relevant areas is essential
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills. Ability to organise workload according to priority and deadlines.
- The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of Photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign
- Looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and confident individual, who is attentive to the detail and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Mothercare is known as a cornerstone of the British high street, supporting parents and families for nearly 60 years. But what many people don’t know is that Mothercare is a major global brand with over 800 stores outside of the UK. Its international business is growing.
Mothercare Global Brand is a business-to-business company. It develops the Mothercare strategy, maximising the value of our global brand, designing own-brand products and – as custodians of the brand – defining the ‘Mothercare way’, all of which are distributed around the globe through franchising partnerships. In fact, we are the world’s largest parent-and-baby franchise.
Today, we have 840 stores in 40 countries through our franchise network. In FY19, our international sales turnover was in excess of £600 million.
That’s big. But we’re not content.
There are 60 million births around the globe each year – so there’s a huge market to play for. We will harness our reputation as a trusted brand and work in partnership with our franchisees to grow. We’ll do that in a planned, strategic and commercially-minded way that enables a sustainable, long-term future for the Mothercare brand.
We’ve also just announced a fantastic new franchise with Boots. Boots will exclusively sell Mothercare-branded products – from clothing to car seats to pushchairs – in their UK stores. That means we’re bringing Mothercare back to the high street in partnership with another highly regarded British brand.
It’s an exciting time to work at Mothercare Global Brand. We are on the cusp of something truly special as we leverage the currency of such a credible, iconic brand while bringing to life new ways of thinking and working. Essentially, we are a 59-year-old company with the enthusiasm and drive of a start-up.
Why not create a career profile and sign up for job alerts?